Tuesday, May 17, 2016

8.

i've tried to write a lot in the past hour or so about what today meant to me, what this spring has meant to me. i'm finding it hard to collect the right words.

without seeking or anticipating, most often when i least expected it, i've been inundated by gentle hands holding up mirrors to remind me who i am. compliments, unexpected and artless, stopping me in my tracks daily. soft spirits wrapping me up tight.

and today, today was a day concentrating all of this new grace and truth and beauty of my life, giving me a chance to steep deeply in its sweetness and power.

i have no words for how lovely today was. to be safe under the gaze of others as the layers came slowly off. the heaviest one of all to discard is the thick skin of unattractiveness i sewed on to my skin long ago. (just a little) champagne helped, but their generosity even more so. generosity of craft and creativity and appreciation for me -- three photographers who helped me find angles of myself i didn't even begin to know existed.

a little over an hour ago, way too late for anyone really, caroline sent me a sneak peek and all i could do was look and cry.

who is this woman i see?



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much lady! I'll have to tell you the full story later (and show you more photos). Wanna have your own session sometime? IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!

      Delete
  2. Like a mythical creature sprung from the imagination of angels. You're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa, thank you so much for your words. Thank you so much. :)

      Delete